Please review the video below for the IoCare Pairing process guide.
Before attempting to use/pair the IoCare app again please review the following troubleshooting steps/suggestions. If all the parameters below are met/followed you should have no issue getting connected with your unit. Tip - Please read the instructions as provided in the IoCare on screen during setup, if you advance to the next screen without following the on screen instruction (such as waiting for a chime) it can interrupt the process.
- Unplug the Airmega for 5 minutes to reset the communication chip.
- Close all background running apps on your phone/tablet.
- Please double check your network password, the network password must not have any special characters included. Additionally, please try trimming your network (wifi) password to 24 characters.
- Please ensure to turn off airplane mode (if on), turn on your cellular data and WiFi to connect to 2.4 GHz, and then turning on data for both Android and Apple. Additionally, ensure that your home network has separate SSID's (network names) for both the 2.4 and 5GHz networks. You must connect to a 2.4 GHz network. You can force your units to connect to the 2.4 GHz by specifically choosing the 2.4 frequency in your phone when connecting the unit. If your SSID's (network names) are combined into one you can go into your router settings and simply temporarily disable the 5GHZ network and that way the units will be forced to connect to the 2.4 GHz.
- Ensure the Airmega is closer to your router.
- Power cycle your phone/tablet (turn off/on - do not just restart)
- Launch the IoCare app and follow the wifi setup instructions.
- Click here to follow a handy guide to get your Airmega IoCare Application setup.
If this issue persists, please reply with the information requested below to email@example.com or call (800) 285-0982 (10AM-8PM CST) so we may better assist you:
Copy of purchase receipt:
Airmega Serial number:
Router/ Access Point brand/model:
Phone/tablet brand and model
Phone/tablet OS Version:
Please attach a video/screenshot of error/issue.
MAC address (located underneath the unit under the barcode) -example 00:0a:95:9d:68:16
Articles in this section